Sunday, January 29, 2012

Your Future Starts in the Present



Happy New Year! I realize we are 29 days into 2012, and many have already set their New Year’s Resolutions declaring what will be different this year. I have done the same, but one difference is that I am taking ownership of my present. To envision a different future is to concede that your present is not the way you want it to be.

I’ve been taking inventory this month of the things that I would like to change. I then started to pray about the areas in my life that I want to look different. I must confess that the areas in which I need great improvement are numerous, and unfortunately I’m not Superwoman – I cannot do everything all at once. I’m deciding where to start and I will start on that one thing.

Often times we try to do everything all at once, when studies show (http://www.inc.com/ilya-pozin/7-things-highly-productive-people-do.html) that we are less productive when we multitask. I’ve decided to stop multitasking (although I still haven’t quite gotten into the habit of turning the t.v. off when I’m working at home!) and focus on one thing at a time in the hopes of being more productive. I’m applying this same strategy to changing various areas in my life. I expect to give more time to one thing at a time for the 28 or so days it will take to form new habits.

28 days – the magic number. If we invest time NOW, then our FUTURE will be different. Time is a commodity just like money, and how you spend will reflect in your lifestyle and quality of life LATER. Your present will not always look that way it looks today. If your present is not what you want it to be, ACCEPT that fact humbly. Give yourself the GRACE to make the changes so your present will be the VISION that you see in your mind. Your future starts in the present – it starts TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment